Monday, January 10, 2011

2011, Full Speed Ahead!

So over the course of the last couple weeks I have learned that Blogging is the new fad, so here's go nothing!  I figure instead of plastering the Copley family life on Facebook, (you know I won't be able to resist little posts or snipits everyday about our lives), I will use this Blog to tell the more indepth stories and updates of my sweet little family.

2011 is here and with it comes lots of excitement!  As you all know, Baby Ella is expected to arrive in early April.  Since the new year, we have been readily preparing our house and lives for the adventures that come along with a new baby!  With the help of my parents over New Years Eve weekend, we were able to make the bedroom switches that were needed to create a place for the lil miss to sleep when she arrives.  We created a new "big boy" room for Big Brother Ethan with a bigger bed, TV and some of his toys.  We had contimplated bunking Ethan and Ella, but then we stepped back and realized that Ethan's world was going to be rocked enough with the arrival of his baby sister, so we decided to keep his room as his very own and make it more fun for him to be in there.  He is loving it!

This past weekend Bart and I cleaned our room out and "got organized!"  We went through boxes and boxes of stuff that needed thrown out or kept depending on their importance to our lives.  Man did we find some important stuff, and a few treasures along the way!  I will have to say I hit the mini jackpot when I stumbled upon the $75 gift certificate to the local spa that Bart got me for Valentine's day last year!  I see a manicure/pedicure in this pregnant Momma's VERY near future!

Our favorite thing we discovered in the cleaning out process was Ethan's baby book.  We sat down with Ethan and showed him all of his pictures when he was a baby.  He was very surprised to see that he was once a "wittle" baby!  As we combed through pictures with him from his arrival at the hospital he looked at us and said, "Look, Nana knew me when I was just a wittle baby!"  Bart and I just smiled at each other and banked it as one of those special moments we share as a family.  Stay tuned, 2011 is going to be a very fun adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment